Tuesday, February 19, 2013

When You Gain Almost 10lbs in a Week . . .

You realize how epic your fail actually was when you gain almost 10lbs in a week.

Can we say SO-DI-UM all together?

Yesterday was not a bad day. I had a stick of string cheese for breakfast.

Steak Fajitas (homemade) with corn tortillas for lunch

And 2 chicken tenderloins with potatoes for dinner.

Snack was cucumbers in lime juice and salt, a quarter avocado and some dark chocolate semi sweet morsels.

The problem with everything I ate though, was that it was covered (And I mean drenched) in salt. Mr. A is a compulsive salt user. He'll use 1/4 cup of salt in a meal and then think it is bland when he tastes it and uses more. So while the eats were relatively healthy yesterday. The sodium intake was THROUGH THE ROOF.

Compound that with the days I ate poorly and the day I binged mindlessly and in all honesty I really only ate WELL 2 days out of the 7 with low cal AND sodium intake.


So here is the damage.


+8.8lbs

OUCH


CHECK OUT THE PUFFY EYES
WATER RETENTION CAN DO THIS FOR YOU TOO

MY FOREARM
FOR SOME REASON MY IPHONE
DIDN'T CAPTURE THE INDENTATIONS VERY WELL

THE PLACE ON MY STOMACH WHERE MY YOGA PANTS HIT
MY YOGA PANTS ARE STILL VERY LOOSE
YEESH

And in memory of gaining this week I am going to write bullet points about what I have learned. 
And I say IN MEMORY because I do not plan to ever let this happen again.
This was definitely a learning experience

WHAT I LEARNED THIS WEEK

  • I learned that I need to STOP eating when I am satisfied because packing it in and down will lead to either projectile vomiting or severe constipation after 6 weeks of eating relatively small portions.
  • 2 days without coffee give me migraines, makes me bitchy and brings on insane munchies
  • Crunching on something helps my migraines. It can't just be food. It has to crunch, and I found that ice is totally acceptable.
  • I no longer find greasy or heavily breaded foods appealing AT ALL. 
  • I now recognize upon first compulsion my motivation behind wanting to eat which is always to fill a void that IS NOT HUNGER. (pain, sadness, irritation etc)
  • Chocolate is NOT a girl's BFF
  • My feet fall asleep if I sit on the toilet for more than 10 minutes
  • Pushing too hard while constipated (and sitting on the toilet for more than 10 minutes) causes ice pick headaches (and yes they are exactly what they sound like)
  • I prefer one hundred times over the sensation of an empty growling belly versus the sensation of being too full and overly bloated
  • When I eat mindlessly, I actually *wish I was counting what I am eating (strange huh - you'd wonder why I didn't actually do it then)
               THIS LAST WEEK                                   HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS COMING WEEK 



I just did my morning Zumba. Now I am going to order the Exhilarate package off Zumba.com and then I am taking my girlies outside for some fresh air and sunshine.



This week will be better. And come next Tuesday I'll be rocking that scale. 

NO IFS, ANDS OR BUTS ABOUT IT.


2 comments :

  1. I love your attitude about it!! You have still lost lots of weight so I say well done!
    Keep you the great attitude and hard work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm agreeing with Ashlee! The salt lesson is one I need to keep in mind myself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...