Saturday, March 9, 2013

Annoyed Cuz I'm Zumba Old School

I am irritated by two things today.

#1: I can't find any quotes about 'not changing a good thing'.

#2. THEY CHANGED A GOOD THING DAMNIT!

ZUMBA OLD SCHOOL

If you have done Zumba (especially the original DVDs) you know that Zumba was originally completely latin music and dance based and was focused on EXERCISE and FITNESS!

If you have done a traditional Zumba class or the original DVDs you know there are original movements that include Cumbia, Merengue, Salsa, Reggaeton, some Middle Eastern dances like belly dancing and some African rhythms.

If you like traditional/original Zumba I can bet you that you WILL NOT LIKE THE NEW ZUMBA they have come out with.

Remember I ordered the new EXHILARATE DVDs? I was so excited to try them out.

Remember I briefly talked about how Tanya Beardsley (my girl crush and Zumba role model) is no longer doing Zumba? Well, I think it is because of what Zumba has become!

HOLY HELL PEOPLE!

STOP CHANGING A GOOD THING

What used to be a good, sweat inducing, mind provoking and FUN workout is now so focused on glitz and glamour and the 'club atmosphere' with moves that could literally give you whiplash and no helpful verbal cues like in the original DVDs that I couldn't believe it was the same product.


THE NEW SHIT STUFF











This isn't from the DVD.

Apparently Melissa Chiz doesn't merit any google photos yet.

Melissa Chiz. ((sigh))

I am sad.

I miss Tanya.

But I am more motivated than ever to keep the ORIGINAL ZUMBA EXPERIENCE ALIVE!

End Mini Rant

3 comments :

  1. I guess they are trying to keep it new to keep people interested. They can't keep putting the old stuff out. Progress isn't always great. At least you have the old ones to keep using. Have fun"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, that crap irritates me, too! I do not understand why companies feel like they need to completely change something to make it sell again. How about the people you already have that are loyal customers? UGH. It's the same everywhere. You have a good original and then BAM the 'new and improved' comes out and it BLOWS!!!! I completely understand your rant. RANT AWAY! And yes, I get that to make money they have to do something, I do. And I guess if you already have the older ones then you're set. But I don't know why they can't do the new (for people who want that kind of club dancing) and mix up the old with some fresh music and a different set of movement order. I don't know. Maybe I really am more of a pattern/routine person that I thought. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rant away. i was so excited about new dvd, and urggghh, so frustrating.
    glitz and glamour? i just need to sweat!

    i also miss Tanya and verbal cue.
    gahhhh!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...