Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sickie Saturday and What's Coming Monday

10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT BEING SICK
Because I still am and I have had just about enough of this BS
I ain't got no time for it

DAY #5

When you wake up with headaches, every freaking morning and not the kind you take an Advil for. No, this is the kind where you scream into your pillow and want to rip your eyeballs out of your head while begging someone to decapitate you just for relief . . . yeah, something like that is more like it.

When your nose feels like a hose that can never be completely turned off. *drip drip* ((twist twist)) *drip drip*
DAMN YOU 

The way the pressure builds up in one side of your nose, then if you are lying down and you turn over, you get one moment of relief and then the pressure migrates to the other side

Ear aches - nothing worse than a person with chronic migraines incorporating an ear ache into the mix

Hot and cold flashes. I wake up sweating, get cold, put covers on to get warm, start sweating again, open a window for a breeze and turn into a human Popsicle

When sitting and open mouthed breathing because there ain't no air getting past all that shit up in your sinuses while attempting to keep your eyes open is actually hard work

Sneezing again and again and again, and trying to find a neutral place to do it so you aren't contaminating all the air in your surroundings but also so you don't have to go wash your hands every 60 seconds
I have discovered pulling the collar of my shirt over my head. Hey, at least then it is all contained within my shirt. I do not suggest you do this in public. You may get strange looks.

Laryngitis. I call to talk to my auto loan people and I have to prove who I am because I sound like a asthmatic, man with a hitching stutter who has smoked one too many

The cats want to comfort me. . . by laying on my face and kneading my chest. That's all great except your fur is like cotton puffs (aka needles) in my vulnerable eyeballs and nostrils and your 10-12 pound girth on my chest is doing nothing for my bronchitis.

I am still expected to perform all my house frow and motherly duties as if I wasn't sick at all

Annnd, adding an eleventh reason just because you swear you already wrote 10 but do not trust your blurry vision  counting


8 PICTURES TO ENTERTAIN YOUR MIND
Or to curb your boredom . . . or to pass the next minute . . . whichever you choose


Aren't I a vision of beauty 
in all my swollen, snotty, sneezing, mouth breathing, chill ridden 
loveliness?!?!


I am glad that after I shooed him off my face
he found another warm place to sleep


I am happy to announce that Emma is back to her normal
mischievous, curious, sweet little self
Thank God


The squat challenge I am having to postpone
Because when I decidedly did a few trying to push past the cold
I promptly received notification 
In the way of piercing ice pick headaches
that my body was not ready for that kind of energy output


My cousin was playing around with Sassy
Sassy got a rug burn
It was so sad
But also kinda cute because it is in the shape of a heart


My new favorite toppings
in 1/2 TBSP measurements 
to put on my morning waffles
+ 1 chopped banana
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM


Sassy did this on purpose to make me laugh
I don't really see what's wrong here though
Do you?


Of course if Sassy is doing something dumb
CUTE
then of course Breezy must do it too

My 
GENIUS CHILDREN
at work


THIS MONDAY I HAVE A SERIOUS POST IN THE WORKS ABOUT 

BODY IMAGE

AS PARENTS

AND HOW OUR OWN ISSUES PASS ONTO OUR CHILDREN

NEEDLESSLY!

STAY TUNED

IT SHOULD BE GOOD

OR AT LEAST SPARK SOME CONVERSATION 

*Now, it is time to say goodbye
And go lay down to sleep
M.I.C - see you real soon
K.E.Y - why ... why ... 
I don't have the energy for this

Ciao peoples!







No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...