Thursday, June 13, 2013

Depo, No Weigh (no way?) and SUPPLEMENTS

I was contacted recently by Trusted Nutrients who develop and sell Weight Loss Supplements to try and review some of their products. These products include green coffee bean extract, garcinia cambogia extract, raspberry ketones, pure saffron extract and a colon cleanse formula. I chose to try the first four and opt out of the colon cleanse due to the fact that as you all know, I recently had a colonoscopy and too many colon cleanses can actually deteriorate the walls of the intestines and colon. Not ON MY TO DO LIST. So, I will try the other supplements. Their representative explained to me in detail the use for each extract and how it works to aid in appetite suppressing, weight loss and muscle tone and once I receive the product I will review it here and let you all know how it's going.

On another note I have decided after much hemming and hawing to go back on depo provera. After my daughters my cramping during periods was minimal and the periods themselves were light and relatively not bothersome. Now that I have come off depo my cramps are at what I would call a 5 on the pain spectrum. Not as bad as they used to be in high school but annoying enough that I spend far too much time in the bathroom thinking I need to poop when in reality my uterus is just juicing itself to death. (Nice visual right? LOL well, that's how I feel!) Gahh! So back on depo I go where periods are light if existent at all and there are virtually no cramps. It will also lighten the load of needing to buy pads/tampons (or steal my sister's) and I won't have to worry about soiling my sheets/underwear/pants etc every day and night. Because lately my periods have lasted upwards of 9 days and then return 3 or 4 days later for a post period period that lasts for another 3-5 days. NOT COOL!

AAAAnd, I have decided on my weight, measurements and BMI page to only update once a month. I become far too obsessive (compulsive?) when I am on the scale every week ((err, sometimes day)) so if I put the scale away except for one day a month maybe I will focus more on doing things the right way and not agonizing so much over every little ounce gained or lost. If I know I am eating well, and I know I am exercising, there is no need to worry myself to death. Right?

I am having mommy anxiety today. My girls (as I said in my previous post) are taking a horse riding, feeding, grooming lesson and I am panicking a little bit. As a mom sometimes irrational fears manifest themselves and all you can imagine when your child tries something new is how they can get hurt. So of course I see them being thrown from the horse, trampled by the horse, bitten by the horse, kicked by the horse and a myriad of other super non-pleasant atrocities that are possible. Of course, I am sure (and I pray) that everything will be just fine and they will have a blast but that inner voice that tells me whatever will go wrong will go wrong keeps piping up and making my day miserable.

This morning I had my protein pancakes again and they were so delish! I tried to make the same recipe in the waffle maker and THAT DID NOT GO WELL. I spent the next 50 minutes trying to scrape out the gooey mess that I had made from the waffle iron. However, I did find some yummy sounding paleo waffle recipes that I will try another day. I am burnt out on that stupid waffle iron.

As you know, I've been doing Zumba pretty much daily for a while now and I have decided that in this case less is more. I was doing 60 minutes of Zumba 6-7 days a week for a while at high intensity and I burned out pretty quickly. I then started doing 60 minutes 3 times a week and the 25 minute ones 2-3 times a week and that was better but I still found that my intensity was limited during the 60 minute workouts. So I have decided to do the 25 minute routines at super high intensity 7 days a week with my own strength training workouts thrown in such as squats, leg lifts, leg press, bicep curls, tricep extensions etc etc... you all know the rotations. This has been working really well. I have been feeling minimally sore but have had great energy for the past 4-5 days because of it. And thus I SHALL CONTINUE.

It is now time for lunch. Ah, what to make. Lunch is my least favorite meal of the day to make. I generally have no inspiration or creativity when it comes to lunch. Oh well, turkey sandwiches, fruit, veggie and chips for the kiddos it is and me? Well, I'll just have to see what I can whip up.

Until later my sweets!!!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...