Friday, September 13, 2013

I Can't Sleep - I've seen dreams that move the mountains

It is 12:35 am and I am exhausted 
To the point that my body aches and I'm freezing 
That could have something to do with the air conditioning directly on my feet also - 
but who's really paying attention? 
I have to be up in 6 hours to get myself and Sassy ready for her alternate Friday at school. 
But my thoughts are just running rampant 
and truly, not about anything in particular. 
Anxiety. 
A bit of sadness. 
Anticipation (which is the good kind of anxiety). 
Even excitement. 
I just can't bring myself to go to bed. 
I have this song stuck in my head. 
Well, the chorus of it is stuck on loop. 
I don't know the rest of the words. 
I don't even know the title of the song or who it is sung by. 


I've seen dreams that move the mountains

Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do

Anyway, another cause of my sudden insomnia could be all this exercise I am suddenly doing.
I wake up at 6:45 and am on the go pretty much until 8pm when the girls go to bed. 
Today I did a neighborhood walk 2 times and played at the park with the girls 
for 2.5 hours if you consolidate two trips
I pushed them on swings
Held them up for monkey bars
Flipped them on straight bars
Held them across the zipline
And this morning with Breezy I walked the perimeter of the basketball court
12 times
My Activelink says I did 180% of my fitness goal and earned 8 PointsPlus
And this has been the norm for the past few days
I think the fatigue is catching up with my body and now it just doesn't know how to shut down
or relax

Tomorrow my mom and my gramma and I are also having a garage sale 
to raise spending funds for Disneyland
So after Sassy goes to school
Breezy and I will be coming back home to sell some crap junk stuff TREASURE
That's the word I choose to use and I'm sticking to it
EVEN IF IT IS A LOAD OF HOOEY

Week 6 will end in 3 days and so far I think I am doing pretty well
Yesterday was an out of control day
Not because I binged or overate
But because I didn't plan and consumed my allotted points way before I intended to
Thus, dinner was broccoli, watermelon and pineapple
(all 0 PointsPlus values)

I'm still writing
My WIP (work in progress) is now 175 pages and I believe 8 chapters
It is coming along nicely
even though I have become preoccupied lately and haven't been able to write as much as I'd like
Haste makes waste though, I've always heard
Slow and steady wins the race
AGAIN A BUNCH OF HOOEY
But since I really have no other choice, I'll stick with that too

Now I am going to go lay down and count the texture in the walls to put me to sleep
Hope all of you out there in blogland are either sleeping well
Or are waking up (woken up) after having slept well



Until I write again ...


1 comment :

  1. Insomnia central here last night, too. I feel a bit yuck this AM, but I'm up and going anyways. Hopefully it recedes and I feel better. :) Same for you. I keep a note pad/cell phone beside my bed to add things to lists and this helps sometimes. But last night... it was just 100mph.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...