Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Nightmares, Love Dreams, and a Ticket

Last night Sassy woke up around midnight and curled up with me. I asked her what was wrong and she told me she had a bad dream. I asked her what about and she told me that they took me away. I asked who and to where and she just started crying that they took me away. She fell back to sleep with my rubbing her head. I can only chalk that dream up to having talked to her daddy again. Anytime she even thinks about him, the trauma of what he did comes back to her and that's all she talks about.

On the way to school today I asked her how she felt about talking to her daddy and she shrugged her shoulders. "No way really," she said. I asked her if it made her happy and she nodded. I asked if it made her sad. She shook her head. I asked her if it was weird after not talking to him for so long and she just stared at me from the backseat in the rear view mirror.

Meanwhile I had an amazing dream about a guy I went to high school with who I chat with on
social networks every once in a while. In real life I would never attempt a relationship with him because of his religious and political stances but he is a really great guy and he was even better in my dream. Now if only I could find an amazing man sent to me from God who meets all my standards and can love my children as if they were his own... is that really too much to ask? If it is, God knows and won't send him but I can pray that someday it will happen. Haha

Also this morning I had random break through bleeding. I am on the depo shot specifically to keep my periods away. I have enough to think about let alone worrying about my stupid cycle. So I was quite annoyed this morning when I had cramps and a full on period. UGH!

Today was Sassy's Thanksgiving Feast at school and I am room mom so I had to put it all together.
It was a success and I am proud to say that despite my social anxiety and my borderline OCD I was able to put together quite a Feast (with the help of other parents of course)

On the way home from the feast I was talking to my mom on my cell while I was driving - it's illegal to drive while talking on your cell phone here in Washington. But we were talking about some serious stuff and I didn't notice the cop who motioned for me to put the phone down. Next thing I know he's pulling me over and I got a flippin ticket. My fault. I admit it. But it still sucks. Why isn't it illegal to eat, or drive with your knees and put both hands on your head? I get no texting. It takes your eyes and complete attention off the road. If talking on a cell phone is illegal though, so should be eating or using your hands for anything else while driving. Just my opinion.

Tomorrow I am making berry cobbler and two pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving. It is my first time making the pies so I am a bit nervous about how they will turn out. I still need to pick a recipe and stick to it. There are so very many. The cobbler I have made dozens of times so I am not worried about that.

 I am so excited about this holiday season. I just love everything about it. The smells, the cooking and baking, the decorations and the excitement of the kids. It is just a very very magical time of year.




1 comment :

  1. *sigh* I HATE making pumpkin pies! I bought one this year because every year I've tried to make them and they just aren't right. So, I gave in and got one from Costco. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...