Sunday, December 15, 2013

Vandalism, My Christianity, CHRISTMAS FUN, and Kipper the Elf

I debated whether I should blog about these next two things or not 
but it has been five days for one and three days for the other 
and they are both still bugging me so here I am.

___________________________________________________

VANDALISM

The other day (5 days ago)
My mom was driving home from a shopping trip
And stopped to park in front of our community mailbox to get the mail
While sitting there, chatting with my aunt on her cell phone
A dark figure in all black came walking up behind her car
Dug a sharp object into the side of it, essentially keying it
And then placed a note under the windshield wiper
Later my mom would read the note
IT IS ELEGAL TO PARK IN FRONT OF A MAILBOX
And yes, that is how the genius spelled illegal
Only then did the vandal realize my mom was still in the car
and hightailed it around her vehicle and back in the direction they had come from

(This is not my mom's car but this is exactly what it looked like)

My mom got out of her car and yelled,
"What did you do to my car?"
The girl, who my mom then realized was the oldest daughter of a close neighbor,
said she did nothing except put the note on the car
My mom saw she was carrying a red and white BIC pen 
which is how she had scratched the car
A high volume shout fest ensued
My mom called the cops because of what the girl had done
The girl, in turn, called the cops because she said my mom was harassing her


The cops came
Reports were made
The girl denied she did anything and told the cops my mom keyed her own car
The cops said there wasn't sufficient evidence
And there were not witnesses 
So they would have to send the case to the county prosecutor 
to see if they would press charges

And this all weighs heavily on me
Because it was my mom
And she is very emotionally affected
The girl's dad is her good friend
And it was an act that just was under no circumstance called for

As a Christian woman I know that revenge is not mine to take
As a Christian woman I know that the hateful things I would like to say to this girl are not right
However,
(and I will get to this very subject in my next topic)
I am human
I want to scream at the girl 
that not only is it PERFECTLY legal to park in front of mailboxes at night
or holidays
or Sundays
WHEN THE MAIL ISN'T BEING DELIVERED
but illegal is spelled as such and not elegal
and by the way, who made her the law enforcement patrol
giving her the right to not only tell my mom what she was doing was wrong 
but vandalizing her property also!
WHICH IS ILLEGAL!!
I was tempted the other day as I was driving by and the girl was in her driveway
To yell out my window, 'Vandalize any cars today?'
But I abstained

Which brings me to my next topic


MY CHRISTIANITY

I got an e-mail from a reader
Telling me that she has read through my blog
And that while I call myself a Christian
I don't write like a Christian
I occasionally use profanity
And she sited several posts where I did
I write about my divorce as if God approves of it
I write about my kids and my ex husband like gossip
And she sited several posts where I do
There were other things about my writing that she dubbed 'un-Christian'
And I want to make one thing clear
RIGHT NOW
I AM A CHRISTIAN WOMAN
I AM A FOLLOWER OF CHRIST
I LOVE GOD MORE THAN ANY COULD EVER KNOW
HE HAS HELPED ME IN NO WAY ANY HUMAN WITHOUT HIS HELP EVER COULD
That said,
I am also human
I am a sinner
I have unclean thoughts
I have vengeful, hateful, spiteful thoughts
I do things sometimes I know God would not look kindly upon
I sometimes allow my tongue to be much sharper with my children
and with other people than God would ever want me to
I have lied
I have cheated
I have been gluttonous
And envious
I am human

But if you are reading this blog
So, are you.
And no matter how perfect your life and your walk with God may be
You are a sinner
You have had unclean thoughts
You have the potential to be vengeful and hateful and spiteful
I am sure at some point you have done things that God would not look kindly upon
I am sure at some point you have used words or tone that were much sharper 
than God would have wanted you to
I am sure you have lied
Even if it was the smallest of little white lies
Maybe you've never cheated or been gluttonous or envious
Maybe God has blessed you in that way
But chances are you have been those things too
You are human


So don't judge my walk with God
That is between Him and me
It isn't your job
Instead look at your own walk with Him and make sure yours is where it should be



 . . . ON THAT NOTE . . . 
_________________________________________________________________

CHRISTMAS FUN AND KIPPER THE ELF

This reminds me of an 'I Spy' picture ...
Can you spot the blonde golden retriever
or the teapot
or the tissue box??

One of their Advent Gifts
or "25 days of Christmas Gifts"
as we are now calling it so as not to confuse the girls ...

Our mall had a fun little Polar Express Train
that looped through the entire upper level


I Spy game (Can you tell we like I Spy?)
And Doc McStuffins Operation
AND SNOW!!!!

Their favorite gift morning this far
A bunch of My Little Ponies and a Rapunzel head for hair dressing and makeup!







































Do you know about the Elf on a Shelf tradition? If not, I highly suggest you Google it! It really is pretty darn awesome and we are having soooo much fun with it. Take a look at our Little Elf Kipper's daily shenanigans.
He toilet papered the fan and the tree
And then hung upside down from the chain
Silly silly elf


Remember those beautiful Gingerbread Men?
Yep, Kipper ate em all ... and messed up Nana's craft box in the process

Tomorrow is Sassy's Christmas program. 
I am very excited about seeing this. 
It will be a first for me as a mom. 

Until later . . .




2 comments :

  1. That's horrible to hear about the vandalism. Why would somebody do that to another persons property? I just don't understand some people. I hope your mom can get it sorted.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vandalism is annoying, but at least that was in person... and hopefully since the Dad is a friend of hers he will get it out of her that she did it and why. Because seriously, doing that is the beginning of a problem. Even leaving the note. She's a child and shouldn't even THINK of doing things like that. :/ What really bugs me is the so called Christian reader. Being judgmental and ridiculing someone who is really a stranger and only known through blogging. Being a Christian does NOT mean that you are perfect and never messing up. It does NOT mean that you aren't human. It does NOT mean that you can never have feelings, opinions, or vent. It means that in the end, you deal with it differently and know that God is your rock and it will be ok. If your 'reader' doesn't get that, she/he needs to pick up their Bible and apply all of their worries, to themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...