Monday, January 6, 2014

. . . And FULL Speed Ahead (Weekly Progress)

Even though I am technically on week 23 of Weight Watchers, 
considering I fell off the wagon to the tune of basically gaining back everything I lost, 
it is really more like week 2. 
Last week I weighed in for New Years on the 30th of December and this week 
. . . Oh bless the Lord and all the strength he has given me . . . 
I lost 9.4lbs this week. 
I realize the majority of that was water weight 
but it was so nice to see the number on the scale just descend so beautifully. 

-9.4lbs

This mama is quite happy about that. 

Progress picture will resume in the future
A future as yet undesignated
I suppose when I actually start SEEING progress in my body again
I am actually quite giddy and inspired
This morning I received a text from a local radio station I had subscribed to
That I actually FORGOT that I had subscribed to
It said:


It made me smile
And it's true
I will not let the fear of failure stop me from trying and trying and trying again

I follow a blog that I have mentioned before
Courtney over at

And reading through her earlier posts from years ago
I am deeply inspired to move in the direction of health

Not vanity
Not skinny-ness
Not beauty

HEALTH

I pinned a zillion of her 'clean eating' pins on Pinterest
and she must think I am some kind of stalker
I promise that is not the case
I am just very motivated by her story
her determination
her strength
Oh, and the food she eats/likes



I intend to make and consume many of these awesome recipes
In the VERY NEAR future

On that note
It is rare that one can be so happy
soar so high
with motivation and inspiration
without someone or something negative to anchor them back to earth
Unfortunately the ex is that anchor for me
He is like a tall pine in the woods
All that is asked of him is to 'stand straight'
(do what is asked in the parenting plan)
but he insists on bending to the left and to the right with the wind
(he just doesn't want to abide by it and is encouraged not to by his friends)
But this Mama Tree is steadfast
I will not bend to the right or the left no matter how hard he pushes
If he wants to change the parenting plan
By all means, he has every right
But until he does 
(to quote one of my favorite books)

Now,
Coffee
Lunch
Relaxation
And meal planning
is in my immediate future



1 comment :

  1. Losing weight shouldn't be as hard as many people try to make it. People who are desperate to achieve weight loss are often prone to take more risks. The only reason most people fail in their fitness goals is that they have good intentions at first to adopt a new lifestyle, yet after a few weeks or months, they abandon their good intentions and slip right back into their old bad habits that gave them the excess body fat in the first place.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...