Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Little Rant

Disclaimers for today's post

*I believe that there is evil in this world that is inherently human

*I believe through Jesus, there is life after the death we experience in this world

*I believe God the Father sent Jesus the Son to become our sin, to die, so that we would not have to live an eternity apart from the Father

*I believe that everything happens for a reason whether we know the reason or not 
-I receive a lot of flack for this one, but without this belief I believe hope is lost

*I believe that everyone has their own opinions and the following are mine

I AM TIRED

...

It is no wonder people of the 21st century are:
more depressed
more suicidal
more obese
more dependent
and more volatile 
than our relatives of prior centuries and millennia

We live in the age of technology
We have information overload right at our fingertips
And while a lot of that information can be good
beneficial
educational
or entertaining
A LOT ISN'T

A LOT OF WHAT WE 
READ/WATCH/SEE/HEAR AND EVEN RE-TELL
IS GARBAGE
Bad for the mind
Bad for heart
Bad for the spirit

Hence depression
Hence obsessive compulsive behaviors
Hence violence
FEAR

We live in a society of FEAR

AND I'M TIRED OF IT

Today I flipped on my 5th appendage aka my iPhone
tapped in my code
pressed the Facebook app
AND VOILA
Family/friends events and photos
Silly pictures
Good recipes
AND WORLD NEWS
at my fingertips

And the first 5 stories on my wall?
(Now tell me if this wouldn't depress you)

Story 1

Woman Thanks God 

for Her Abortion 

Because She Wanted 

to Fit Into Her Skinny Jeans

Followed by the 'news story'

Story 2

A cute photo a friend posted saying,
"Life is short, live it"

Followed by
Story 3

How 

'Minecraft' 

is Transforming Developing 

Cities Around 

the World


Followed by the 'news story'

Story 4

Mother Arrested 

for Murdering 

Her Three Disabled Children, 

Including Twin Boys

Followed by the 'news story'

Story 5

'Under God' 

doesn't belong in 

the Pledge of Allegiance: 

Editorial


These are just SOME of the pieces of 'literature' calling itself news
I have to choose from 
And it sure as HELL depresses me!

How could it not?
We have death of babies for vanity
An admittedly nice sentiment from my friend
A computer game dictating how humans construct their cities
Thus their lives
Mothers killing children
And erasing God from an essential part 
of what used to be the American child's education

I'm sorry, let me just say here
If my inclusion of 'under God' offends you
Why is it wrong for me to be offended when 
you exclude MY GOD and negate MY BELIEFS

Is this not the epitome of hypocrisy?

It is no wonder we live in an entitled
simultaneously self loving/self loathing society
where kids die not just from disease 
but because they can't process all the SHIT they see and hear
They can't handle it and they would rather kill themselves
then see it, hear it or live it
NOT TO MENTION 
THEY ARE DYING AT THEIR MOTHERS' OWN HANDS

So, I pray
I pray for the beautiful angels on this earth called children
EVERY.SINGLE.DAY
AND
EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT
That they will not grow up to be like we
their parents

I am just.so.tired

Tired of hearing about left wing vs right wing
republicans vs democrats
liberals vs conservatives 
Christians vs seemingly EVERYONE ELSE
I'm tired of reading about death
especially of the innocent
babies
children
I am tired of all the campaigns
to save the trees
save the earth
save the polar bears
but very few about saving our babies
And when I say babies
I mean from the little humans in-utero 
who didn't ask to be conceived
to our teenage babies
who have to endure the harshness of our current world
they have to live in it and absorb it
and try to sort it out
in their still developing mind and emotions

Our world is evil
There is so much ugliness
ugliness that this post hasn't even touched on
evil that I don't dare even speak about
Yet it is flaunted in social media
Twitter feeds
Facebook posts
Blogs
Online News 
TV
It is EVERYWHERE



So,
though it pains me
I take a deep breath
turn around
I resign myself that I cannot stop the crazy
I cannot heal the hurt
I cannot fix everyone, or even anyone
I am only human
 and leave it to the One who can









No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...