Monday, July 14, 2014

Finish the Sentence . . . and Make it a Paragraph!


When I open the fridge, I always hope I find something that has magically appeared from the nothingness that smells delicious, doesn't need to be heated up and will last forever (ie: the duration of time it takes me to read blogs, comment on them and write my own) without being too caloric. This generally (also known as never) doesn't happen. And yet, the optimist in me will be back standing at the fridge 10-15 minutes later, expecting miracle of miracles that my dream food will suddenly have appeared. This may or may not occur many many times through out the day. FAITH PEOPLE. I CALL IT FAITH.


My favorite article of clothing is my jeans because they aren't really jeans are comfortable and fit me just right and never squeeze me too tightly and don't make me feel like a bloated sausage poured into a too tight casing. I may or may not wear them every.day but hey, I wash them every.other day. That works, right?

Last week I was really pissed when Andi (on the Bachelorette) sent Marcus home. I was like dude, the one guy who you admit would give you the fairytale you have always dreamed of, who would give you the moon and the stars in the sky (yes, I swear like the shadow that's . . . whoops got carried away) You go ahead and send his ass home and yet you keep creepy eyes Nick and Jock-a-thon Josh. Gahh!! The woman is a mess and very emotionally immature (in my opinion) to be her age. And she's a frickin' assistant district attorney people. Really?! Yikes!



One thing nobody understands about me is why I am so relaxed in some areas of parenting and so strict in others. When their responsibilities are done (their room clean, teeth brushed, dressed, ready for the day and homework done during the school year) I pretty much let them do whatever they want which includes playing with any toys they want OR doing playdoh/art/kiddy scrapbooking/dressup including makeup OR yes, watching TV and  playing on their iPads OR playing with the cats. On the other hand, I believe my children should learn to be able to do things for themselves. After all that is one of the main jobs of a parent right? To teach your child to be independent. I have always been very dependent on someone or another. I was never forced to finish anything as a child or teenager. Responsibility, obligation and priorities were never taught to me. These lessons came when I moved on from being a teen to being an adult into the real world and it wasn't just a slap in the face. It was a sucker punch to the guts. I never want my girls to experience that vulnerability and shock. So, if I have to endure criticism for allowing my children to fetch their own breakfast (because at 5 & 6 they do know how - I have taught them) or dress themselves (even if they choose outlandish outfits) or give them extra chores to do when they have misbehaved then so be it. I am criticized often for giving them too much responsibility and not 'letting them be kids', but in my opinion it is never too early to learn how to take care of yourself, how to take care of your stuff and how to do what you say you are going to do.  



Warning: This next question might be considered controversial
One thing I don't understand is people who have hypocritical beliefs. For example: People who say they are of Buddhist, Christian, Islamic, Sikh or Hindu religion/faith and openly give to charities to save specific species of animals or save the children funds in other countries BUT also openly condone abortion.

On a lighter note . . . 

The world would be a better place if everyone were capable of 50% more love for others than they currently are capable of. Because then, even if someone was 100% incapable of love right now, their ability would increase by half and I think everyone would feel so much happier. 

If I had a million dollars I'd buy the land and build the family 'compound' my grandpa has always talked about building. 4 houses for our four respective sub-families on several acres of land somewhere beautiful with a gorgeous view. 

If I could change one thing about myself, it would be my weight which I am currently actively trying to change. 1500-1800 calories a day, low(er) sodium and lots of water. Hopefully soon this ankle swelling non-sense will disappear and I can get back to some good old fashioned exercise. 





Something that can always make me happy is a good cup of coffee OR a text from a good friend OR the giggles of my girls OR  DISNEYLAND. Something that would make me extremely happy is a text from a good friend inviting me to take me and my girls to Disneyland where we will gossip and drink coffee while our kids giggle with delight! Yup Yup. I'm a dreamer. 

Something I'll never blog about is details of my sex life. Period.



If I could go anywhere I would go to Europe because I want to visit all the romantic countries of the world! Spain, Italy, France, & of course my family's country Greece!

If I were an animal I would be a cat. I love cats. It is no secret that I love cats. In a recent post I pretty much openly admitted to probably growing old to become the crazy cat lady that people see sitting on her porch with cats roaming everywhere and laying all over her. Not to mention, cats are pretty darn lazy. Kinda like I feel a lot of the time and as a cat I could just lie around, eat whenever I wanted, drink whenever I wanted, bat some balls or string around and then go to sleep.

A job I've always wanted is to be an author. Since I was a little girl I have wanted to write books. I have one self-published work and a zillion other unfinished ones sitting in lonely computer files that I haven't touched in eons. 

My idea of a perfect day is Disneyland! DUH!


Allieology


1 comment :

  1. Those jeans sound amazing! I've never watched The Bachelor/Bachelorette and I think that you just confirmed why :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...