Sunday, July 20, 2014

This or That


So it's kinda nice that I am SO opinionated
And know myself SO well
that the answers to these questions aren't hard to answer


1. Be blind or be deaf

I would definitely choose to be blind. There are many many beautiful things to be seen with the eyes but sound is a much more primal and essential sense that we who can hear take for granted. Music for example. The sound of someone's voice. The sound of an airplane taking off. Seeing is one thing. Seeing without the effect of sound would be frustrating (to me)
Hearing it is an experience I wouldn't want to miss out on.



2. Be taller than you are or shorter than you are

I would choose to be shorter than I am. I am 5'4" and like being considered 'average to short'. 
I would never want to be tall.



3. Be a teenager or a senior citizen for the rest of your life

I would prefer to be a teenager for the rest of my life.
I loved my teenage years (most of the time)
Feeling young
and beautiful
and desirable
and ALIVE


4. Have no hands or no legs

My ex husband lost three of his fingers in an accident.
It was very difficult for me to watch him try to survive with essentially only one hand
I would probably choose no legs
And still be able to touch, hug, hold and manipulate things
Although this is a very gut wrenching, heart squeezing option
Neither would really be preferable??

5. Lose your front teeth or both eyebrows

I would rather lose my eyebrows
Teeth are not easily replaced
Eyebrows can be drawn on easily enough

6. Eat a worm or a cockroach

Totes the worm
I wouldn't be able to handle the legs or the crunch of a cockroach
I could swallow a worm like a noodle if necessary
NO CHEWING
EEWWW

7. Spend a day in the Sahara or North Pole



I do.not.like.to.be.hot
I get swollen
migraines
and super cranky crabby
So, I would choose the North Pole
Plus! Look at the Aurora Borealis 
(Northern Lights)





8. Have a personal chef or a personal driver

This is difficult but not for the reason you might think
I LOVE TO COOK
and
I LOVE TO DRIVE
But in the end I would have to choose a cook
Because I don't like being under someone else's control in a car
Plus, with a cook I could make sure I was eating specific calories
but disguised as delicious food
and I would be able to lose weight more easily

9. Always have to whisper or always have to shout

I would prefer to always have to whisper
It is proven (with children at least) 
that when you whisper they will quiet down to hear what you are saying
Shouting would wear everyone out
and make your voice box hurt
Hi Laryngitis!!


10. Can't taste or can't smell

This goes along with the first question about being blind vs dead err, I mean deaf . . . yes, that was what I initially wrote. Yes it was edited. Yes, I left it in because I found it amusing.
Being able to taste is nice
But smell is another primal sense that brings memories and emotion to the surface
You can taste something and it will remind you of someone
or a specific time
But when you smell something specific
You will be transferred back to that time and place
So I would definitely pick to lose my sense of taste



11. Wipe with sandpaper or saran wrap

EEW???
Sandpaper
Saran wrap just.wouldn't.do.the.trick
You couldn't wipe hard enough to remove the ick
But you can try to be sort of careful and gentle with sandpaper



12. Have Twitter shut down for a day or your blog disappear for a day

Twitter
Hands down
My blog is like my diary
and I would die
Thinking of all the reasons
someone might have sabotaged my personal stories

13. Text of your blog is screwed up or all the pictures you post on your blog are blurry

Pictures speak a thousand words
But if they're blurry the actual words will speak for them
So, I would pick blurry photos


14. Never be able to post another GIF or never be able to receive comments on your posts

GIFs
I love comments
It's literally a way to 
interact with your readers
GIFs are just entertainment
and if you are a talented or interesting enough writer
Lack of GIFs on your blog
will not affect your readership

15. Have a permanent wedgie or have the tag on your shirt constantly scratch your neck

Tag
Have you ever had a prolonged wedgie?!?!
That shizz is PAINFUL
I'd rather have to scratch the shizz out my neck for being itchy
Then walk around like I have a stick up my butt


 


Allieology

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...