Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Week 1 Day 1

Woohoo! A new page!
Weight loss
Because, that's what my blog header says I write about


And well, to be honest
There hasn't been a lot of 'weight loss' going on these days
Perhaps 'weight gain' is a more appropriate description



Today I started again



How many times is this now?
Um, I don't have enough fingers or toes to letcha know
Let's just say, it isn't the first time
Or the second
Or the 50th
Maybe the 50th?



Anyway, I feel very accomplished today
Finishing with 1570 calories consumed
Having done wall push ups
Reverse Fly with 2lb free weights
Hatha Yoga
And I cleaned my whole dang house
Top to bottom
Dusted
Moved furniture to sweep
then mop
then vacuum
I did 9 loads of laundry and I have hung and folded
IT ALL
Except the last load which is sitting on my bed waiting for me to finish this post



I was deeply motivated yesterday
When I read about Faith's Weight loss
I won't go into details about my mind blowing epiphany
Because honestly, there wasn't one
Like I said, this isn't the first time I've been here
I want it to be the last time
And when I read about Faith's weight loss
I felt motivated
I want to do that
I want to feel that way



So today I started
I won't be writing daily about my weight loss journey
Because I feel like that was part of my undoing in the past
Putting too much out for the public to comment on
to criticize
and I feel that even when I succeeded that the praise was counter productive
I felt like I might fail at any moment
And disappoint the people reading
And so I justified that as a reason to stop
Logical right?
Yeah, I know
It makes no sense to me either why I felt that way



In any case
I won't be doing formal weekly weigh ins on the blog
But I will keep you up to date

Here's to my 50 millionth th try



CHEERS

4 comments :

  1. Weight loss is hard - sometimes it's just hard to find the motivation to get going. Take it day by day - focus on small goals and big goals because accomplishing a small goal is just as awesome as accomplishing a big one! You can do it. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't disappoint me. I know how this goes and it's sometimes hard. You just have to make more good days or 'on' days that bad or 'off' days. You can do it. You can find your groove. And you aren't 'restarting' but continuing. Weight loss isn't like a project where you're say, laying tile and get frustrated and quit. It's more like cleaning your house. You have to do a little every day. You may have days you skip, but you have to keep doing it or it turns into and episode of 'Hoarders'! You can do it even when you feel like you can't. And you don't have to go all out... just do what you can! If you can't work out, no big deal. If you had a night out and went over cals once, no big deal. Just keep going along. :) P.S. Every time I see that cup of coffee/cocoa, I think YUMMMMM! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a never ending battle this weight loss thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! I'm sure your weight loss journey will be a good one. I look forward to reading your updated.

    Lily
    onedayatatimelily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...