Thursday, September 4, 2014

18+ Hours

As I am writing this post I have been awake for more than 18 hours
I feel like I am literally awake on fumes . . . and wine
Mostly wine
Today went on without event
The girls enjoyed their respective first days of school
Thank God




Meanwhile I spent my first day as a free mom
(all glorious 6 hours of it)
I went to The Olive Garden and Barnes & Noble 
with my mom and sister
and the feeling of walking into a restaurant and store 
with not a care in the world
was priceless



then spending time there
eating
perusing
not thinking about anything in particular
unfocused
and enjoying every moment of it
was priceless on top of priceless

{I was overjoyed to go pick up my girlies at the end of the day though}
{I missed them oodles}

I am not feeling particularly wordy tonight
{I am actually feel very tired and a bit overheated from the wine}
so, other new things going on in my neck of the woods cowtown

// I have a horrible aphthous ulcer on my tongue and it hurts like a &*$@%

// In addition my throat has been extraordinarily sore and raw

// I am done with my Prednisone for my lungs now
but am still popping pills
(prescription antacids)
because the excessive acid production from the Prednisone is still going on
It makes me feel like a Gremlin is trying to claw-climb through my stomach
into the open free space in front of me
to have a chat

// I had my first PSL
(Pumpkin Spice Latte)
of the season
and boo-hoo to all the PSL nay-sayers
It was delish and I plan to have many more this season
(though I may limit them to 1
*maybe 2*
a week - because hi, they are super caloric)


// I started watching Once Upon a Time
It pretty much rocks
not to mention, totally feeds the Disney FREAK inside me

// and now it's time to say goodnight
to all the blog-o-sphere
g-o-o-d
n-i-gh-t
until
to-mor-or-ow
{sung to the music of The Mickey Mouse Club, of course}




3 comments :

  1. Hope you feel better soon. I'm still out here. Although I am off track and not much to say. I will post tomorrow or the next day. I hope the girls had a great first day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww they're so cute! And sounds like you had a great "me" day! We all need those every once in a while!

    P.S. I've been meaning to add Once Upon a Time to my watch list! It seems awesome! Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On Monday I had a Netflix sick mom day. I watched OUAT- like 4 episodes. I watched Lost Girl (4-5 epis) and 2 of Gossip Girl. I liked Once upon at first but the flashbacks to the storybook world are starting to annoy me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...