Tuesday, January 6, 2015

I SURVIVED . . . I THINK . . .

My first day teaching Spanish was a complete FAILURE!



But not really . . . 

It was actually so much fun 

and I LOVED IT MORE THAN I SHOULD PROBABLY ADMIT

My first class was first grade and they were so excited 

because they recognized me as my oldest's mom

They are all in the same grade together (but not the same class)

TANGENT OVER

They were a little rowdy but they enjoyed singing the alphabet

They enjoyed learning how to say 'como te llamas'

and 'me llamo'

as well as commands such as 'levantense' and sientense

(For all you non-speakers that is in order: 
What's your name?
My name is . . .
Get up
Sit down)

and a whole bunch of other stuff

We played 'Paco dice' which is a Spanish version of 'Simon Says'

and another game called 'Como te llamas?' which is a Spanish version of 'Heads Up Seven Up'

The kindergartners were less rowdy

More attentive

More comprehensive

But ready to be done with the lesson

When I went about 15 minutes too long . . . 

WHOOPS!!



You can't rush genius

Time sure flies when you're having fun!

All in all it was fantastic...

Except for when I stuck my foot in my mouth

not once

BUT TWICE

that the kindergartners were doing better than the first graders

(because they were . . . but . . . but . . . . I shouldn't have vocalized it!)

Apparently, I might be . . . 
But seriously, what teacher says those things to her students??

DOH!!!

So, yeah fantastic!

Oh, and except for the moment in the first grade class where 

I kinda sorta didn't know where to put my hands and so I crossed them over my chest

then realized that didn't look so good 

so I uncrossed them and my bra pinched my armpit where a sebaceous cyst is healing

and I involuntarily grabbed my armpit

but it looked more like I was grabbing my boob

(at least that's how embarrassed I was by the whole debacle)


But they're 6 and 7 year olds

They didn't notice

Right?

RIGHT?!?!?!

Oh, and did I mention it gets HOT in those classrooms?

Well IT DOES

I was sweating like I a heifer in hot yoga

(for those that don't know what a heifer is, it's a cow)



ANNNNND

as if sweating like a heifer isn't bad enough

I have FINALLY lost all the swelling and water weight in my feet

YAY!

But now my feet are thin and the bones protrude

and rub painfully on my only shoes suitable for teacher-dum

BOOO!!

I now have fantastic red blisters at the base of both big toes

And I get to do it all over again tomorrow

I am not really sure if I should be majorly stoked

or mourning the skin on my feet



Anywhoozle, 

that's my day!

Onto the NEXT WATSON . . .

(Yeah, I know . . . that's not a thing)




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...